HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Fourth of July Fruit Salad

I didn't have time to finish editing the picture of some of the other projects we did for 4th of July, but I thought I would at least show you some pictures of a little patriot themed snack we had this weekend. I recently saw a fun image on Pinterest and traced it back to Amanda of Wit and Whistle. It looked pretty easy so I thought we would give it a try yesterday. Well, I have to say it was even easier than I thought! (We also used the star cookie cutter on pancakes on Saturday morning and it sort of worked but not nearly as neatly as this did!) It seriously just made me want to start cutting watermelon into any shape imaginable!

All we did was slice a watermelon in half and then sliced it so we had several 1/2 to 1 inch thick circles. And then we used a star-shaped cookie cutter (we got ours at JoAnn's a couple of weeks ago) and just sliced out some stars. Then we sprinkled on some blueberries and that was it!





Lillie absolutely loved the star shapes and ate more pieces of watermelon than I have ever seen her eat before. The whole time I was trying to snap pictures she kept sneaking pieces. 

 Lola, on the other hand, does not seem to like watermelon at all but loves the blueberries.

 I hope you all have a fabulous Monday! I'll be back tomorrow with the Fourth of July decorating we did this weekend and a Fourth of July download.







P.S. We just restocked the 12 by 16 Je T'aime pillow covers!

13 comments:

  1. I don't eat watermelon...but this is too cute not to make! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable idea. My kiddos LOVE watermelon and blueberries! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous salad. What font do you use on the pictures? I love the words "July" and "Blueberries".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy in my tummy! FuN idea! Chantilly cream would be a delicious compliment to the berries and melon.
    Then you would have Red White & Blue!
    Have a happy 4th of July! Enjoy the parade, family, friends, fun & fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer...your pictures are oh so gorgeous all the time!! I love Dear Lillie and have followed for a long time ... thank you for sharing your talent & inspiration! Happy 4th... ♥ much love

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a CLEVER idea using star cutters, love it- just so simple and works SO WELL - thanks, great idea.

    Your girls make the perfect couple for the fruit to ensure both kinds get eaten! Love those cute sticky fingers sneakin' more bits.

    have a wonderful h oliday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and festive! Love your photos, as usual. :) Hope you have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each time I see your blog Im more and more amazed! You have to be from heaven - inspiring angel..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, what is the font for "July" and "blueberries"? I love it! And I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and beautiful! My mouth is watering for watermelon now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! What a fun way to eat watermelon. The kids will have so much fun with that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...